We gave my niece a very traditional baptism present at the weekend: a book of bible stories for children. Oh and a Donald Duck soft toy because everyone needs Donald Duck in their life from an early age. (Did you know his name is Anders And in Danish?)
Her farmor and farfar (paternal grandparents) gave her a beautiful art print of the Noah’s Ark filled with all the animals on top of each other inside it. It was really lovely and it got me thinking of other good gifts for a baby baptism, Christening or even a baby shower or birth too I guess. So I went looking for ideas (any excuse to have fun with pinterest…) and found these:
1. This beautiful family tree image can be customised with the baby’s name and family members. $65 in evajulliet’s etsy shop.
2. A sweet rain cloud mobile to hang above the crib or changing mat. $45 in leptitpapillon’s etsyshop.
4. This may be the most stylish crib I’ve ever seen. If you’re feeling generous, it’s R8500 fromWeylandts in South Africa.
5. This adorable hippo is actually a bookend and you can buy him with his friends giraffe, lion and dinosaur. $58 from Serena & Lily.
6. Every baby room needs a uniquely shaped lamp, oui? This mushroom lamp by Egmont is £70 from Bodie & Fou.
7. These moccassins are made from real elk hide to keep those wee feet warm and stylish at the same time. $60 from Freshly Picked.
8. Christian Jackson has made a great set of minimalist fairytale prints. This Goldilocks print is my favourite. $21.35 from Imagekind.