Slept until past ten.
Made breakfast burritos with fried potatoes and onion, scrambled egg, chorizo, spicy ketchup and avocado.
Ate them together with banana and blueberry milkshakes.
Sat of the sofa reading blogs, writing emails.
Made banana and pecan tea loaf which our church group gobbled up tonight. It was yummy and I can’t find the recipe online so I copied it out below. Sorry, I forgot to take a picture!
Banana and Pecan Tea Loaf (from the Good Food 101 cakes & bakes cookbook)
100g softened butter
140g light muscovado sugar – I mixed 70g caster sugar with 70g of dark brown sugar and it worked out fine!
2 eggs, lightly beaten
100g walnuts – I used pecans instead because a) I prefer them and b) it was all we had in the house
2 ripe bananas mashed – I used three small ones
2 tbsp milk
225g self raising flour
(I also added about a teaspoon of ginger)
- Preheat the oven to 180c/GM4. Butter and line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add the eggs.
- Set aside 25g nuts and add the rest into the creamed mixture. Add the milk and bananas and mix.
- Fold in the flour (and ginger!)
- Spoon into the tin and sprinkle the remaining nuts over the top.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes (mine only took 45 minutes but our oven is weird like that). Let stand for ten minutes, then turn out of the tin and cool (or eat warm – much yummier!)
I think I cut this into ten generous slices if that helps as a guide?