Tomorrow we fly to San Diego for the next five weeks. Our time here in Florida has just flown by. It’s been great fun exploring, but we are both really excited to move on to the West Coast and see what it has to offer.
In the meantime, this week I have been liking…
- Margaritas. Real ones, made with real lime juice and good tequila, with salt round the edge. In hot weather, with Southern/Caribbean/Mexican food they are ohsogood.
- Being tanned. Yes, you read that right. After seven weeks in the sun, my skin has finally cooperated and turned a nice light golden colour. We did have a few disagreements along the way – despite my commitment to sunscreen and shade, it rebelled a few times to turn me lobster red. But now I am happy. Having said that, it’ll probably only stay tanned about a week, so arrange a video skype with me now if you want to see…
- Holiday research. This might have been in my favourites before already but I love figuring out what to do and where to stay and what to see. The anticipation makes the trip so much better! This week I’ve been immersing myself in all things San Francisco, as we have a weekend trip there planned for 19/20 August. I went five years ago with some uni friends but there’s so much I didn’t see then. If you’ve been and having any top tips, let me know!
- Being a good housewife. On Monday I wrote out a list of all the food we had left in the freezer/fridge/cupboard, and then figured out exactly what we needed to eat in each meal on each day to use it all up before we leave tomorrow. Any 1950s housewife would be proud of me!
- The sea. I have always loved the sea. Living right by the beach all through university was wonderful and long walks were frequently taken along the sand. But here in Florida I have discovered swimming in the sea. As in, yes it is warm enough that you actually want to go in past your knees. That is a revelation!